Speeches and discussion groups for the parents
The research group Pluralités also aims at the active participation of the parents in the development of the plurilingual skills of the children.
Therefore, we offer to the parents the possibility of free attendance to seminars and speeches as well as the participation in discussion groups with the objective to exchange ideas on issues of plurilingualism, plurilingual education, interculturalism and plurilingual/pluricultural communication.
The parents’ participation in the actions above gives them the necessary cognitive tools so as to
- help their children into learning foreign languages
- make good use of the plurilingual communicative repertoire of their children in order to communicate with speakers of other languages
- learn about the role of mother tongue in the structure of the language and the identity of the children
- exchange their points of view on the strategies that one can apply for the development of the plurilingual skills of the children
- develop skills of intercultural communication
- develop interpersonal relations including the families of the immigrants.